A person accused of domestic violence, or any other crime or violation, should be given the opportunity to prove his innocence; otherwise, he will be treated unfairly.
Being charged with domestic violence in Colorado is a serious offence that carries a slew of penalties, including the following:
• The possibility of incarceration
• Suspended probation with a monthly charge, with further penalties if the probation is revoked.
• A domestic violence treatment programme (counselling), with the defendant responsible for the evaluation and treatment fees.
• The court may require the defendant to attend and complete anger management classes, as well as a substance abuse examination and treatment.
• A temporary mandatory protection order prevents the defendant from harassing, intimidating, molesting, threatening, retaliating against, or tampering with any witness or victim.You can get additional information at Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer.
• The defendant is facing significant fines and penalties from the court.
• Gun rights are being taken away from people.
• Loss of job and incapacity to find work in the future; • Loss of home; • Loss of child custody and increased child support payments
A Domestic Violence Attorney Can Help You in the Following Ways:
• A defence attorney can help you strategize a defence by gathering evidence from the incident, examining the facts and circumstances of your case, and locating witnesses. He has a thorough understanding of the nuances that accompany domestic violence cases.
• By cross-examining the alleged victim, he can represent you in court and establish a compelling defence hypothesis.
• He’ll go over all of the evidence against you and challenge any that’s determined to be weak, which might lead to your charges being withdrawn.
• He will defend and assist you in exercising your rights, as well as determine whether any of your rights have been violated at any point along the legal process. It is normal to see arresting authorities infringe on several of the accused’s rights at various points in the legal process. All such violations will be identified by your defence counsel, which will strengthen your case.
• In a domestic violence prosecution, the prisoner frequently loses custody of his or her children. The defence attorney can help you resolve a child custody dispute and save your children from being taken away from you.
• With his knowledge and talents, he can spot the lies and discrepancies in the accuser’s statements, thereby strengthening your case.
• The accused would be subject to temporary restraining orders imposed by the court. The defence attorney, on the other hand, will make certain that an extended protective order is not imposed in its place.
• He can advise you on what you should avoid doing during the course of the case that could jeopardise your case’s outcome.
• Because no one deserves to be labelled a criminal for the rest of their lives, your defence attorney will go the extra mile to get your records expunged, ensuring that they are no longer accessible to the public.
You may feel bewildered and distressed if you are falsely accused of domestic abuse. You probably aren’t aware of all your rights and how to exercise them at the appropriate moments. A domestic violence defence attorney can show your innocence by offering a compelling defence for your case, in addition to informing you of your rights.